May 1, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has avoided the disabled list so far, but tonight the Brewers right fielder is sitting out his fifth consecutive game with a strained oblique muscle.
Elian Herrera subbed for Braun in right field for the first four of those games, but the Brewers just demoted him back to the minors and will apparently use first baseman/third baseman Mark Reynolds in right field now. Not only has Reynolds never started a game in the outfield, he has a grand total of four career innings there. So that should be pretty interesting to watch.
As for Braun, a disabled list stint seems likely if only because players with oblique injuries rarely are able to return within two weeks. He was last in the Brewers’ lineup Saturday.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)