May 1, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has avoided the disabled list so far, but tonight the Brewers right fielder is sitting out his fifth consecutive game with a strained oblique muscle.
Elian Herrera subbed for Braun in right field for the first four of those games, but the Brewers just demoted him back to the minors and will apparently use first baseman/third baseman Mark Reynolds in right field now. Not only has Reynolds never started a game in the outfield, he has a grand total of four career innings there. So that should be pretty interesting to watch.
As for Braun, a disabled list stint seems likely if only because players with oblique injuries rarely are able to return within two weeks. He was last in the Brewers’ lineup Saturday.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)