May 1, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
From the blotter:
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitchers Manuel Montilla and Euris Quezada have each received 50-game suspensions without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspensions of Montilla and Quezada will be effective immediately upon their signing with another Major League organization.
As of the end of March first time suspensions are ratcheted up to 80 games, so I presume this means that these tests were administered before then.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)