May 2, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Adam Eaton already missed a handful of games recently with a strained left hamstring. The injury woes continue as Eaton exited Friday night’s game against the Indians with a strained right hamstring. He’s listed as day-to-day, according to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Eaton tried to beat out a double play in the top of the fourth inning and did not come back out for the bottom half, as Jordan Danks replaced him in center field. Eaton entered the night with a .749 OPS in 110 plate appearances, including .693 since rejoining the lineup after dealing with his left hamstring issue.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)