May 2, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Adam Eaton already missed a handful of games recently with a strained left hamstring. The injury woes continue as Eaton exited Friday night’s game against the Indians with a strained right hamstring. He’s listed as day-to-day, according to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Eaton tried to beat out a double play in the top of the fourth inning and did not come back out for the bottom half, as Jordan Danks replaced him in center field. Eaton entered the night with a .749 OPS in 110 plate appearances, including .693 since rejoining the lineup after dealing with his left hamstring issue.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)