May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez reports that the Angels have recalled Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake. He adds that Green is likely to be in the Angels’ starting lineup on Saturday as the opposing starter is Rangers lefty Matt Harrison.
Green, a former top prospect in the Athletics’ system, has a .900 OPS with two home runs and 28 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A. Despite having spent most of his professional career in the infield, the Angels had Green play some games in left field — a desperate move, some would say, as outfielders Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun are on the disabled list.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)