May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez reports that the Angels have recalled Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake. He adds that Green is likely to be in the Angels’ starting lineup on Saturday as the opposing starter is Rangers lefty Matt Harrison.
Green, a former top prospect in the Athletics’ system, has a .900 OPS with two home runs and 28 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A. Despite having spent most of his professional career in the infield, the Angels had Green play some games in left field — a desperate move, some would say, as outfielders Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun are on the disabled list.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)