May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez reports that the Angels have recalled Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake. He adds that Green is likely to be in the Angels’ starting lineup on Saturday as the opposing starter is Rangers lefty Matt Harrison.
Green, a former top prospect in the Athletics’ system, has a .900 OPS with two home runs and 28 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A. Despite having spent most of his professional career in the infield, the Angels had Green play some games in left field — a desperate move, some would say, as outfielders Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun are on the disabled list.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69