May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez reports that the Angels have recalled Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake. He adds that Green is likely to be in the Angels’ starting lineup on Saturday as the opposing starter is Rangers lefty Matt Harrison.
Green, a former top prospect in the Athletics’ system, has a .900 OPS with two home runs and 28 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A. Despite having spent most of his professional career in the infield, the Angels had Green play some games in left field — a desperate move, some would say, as outfielders Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun are on the disabled list.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)