May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez reports that the Angels have recalled Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake. He adds that Green is likely to be in the Angels’ starting lineup on Saturday as the opposing starter is Rangers lefty Matt Harrison.
Green, a former top prospect in the Athletics’ system, has a .900 OPS with two home runs and 28 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A. Despite having spent most of his professional career in the infield, the Angels had Green play some games in left field — a desperate move, some would say, as outfielders Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun are on the disabled list.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)