May 2, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to come off the disabled list Tuesday, but the Dodgers’ rotation won’t be at full strength even once he returns because they just placed Hyun-jin Ryu on the DL with shoulder inflammation.
Ryu coughed up six runs in his most recent start Sunday against the Rockies in Los Angeles, which was his second clunker on the season. He allowed two runs or fewer in each of his other five starts, including zero runs in four of them. Overall the second-year left-hander has a 3.38 ERA and 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings, nearly matching all of his numbers from last season.
Ryu was scheduled to start Sunday for the Dodgers, so they’ll need to add someone to the rotation over the weekend. For now they just need some fresh bullpens arms to help a worn-out pitching staff.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)