May 2, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to come off the disabled list Tuesday, but the Dodgers’ rotation won’t be at full strength even once he returns because they just placed Hyun-jin Ryu on the DL with shoulder inflammation.
Ryu coughed up six runs in his most recent start Sunday against the Rockies in Los Angeles, which was his second clunker on the season. He allowed two runs or fewer in each of his other five starts, including zero runs in four of them. Overall the second-year left-hander has a 3.38 ERA and 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings, nearly matching all of his numbers from last season.
Ryu was scheduled to start Sunday for the Dodgers, so they’ll need to add someone to the rotation over the weekend. For now they just need some fresh bullpens arms to help a worn-out pitching staff.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27