May 2, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to come off the disabled list Tuesday, but the Dodgers’ rotation won’t be at full strength even once he returns because they just placed Hyun-jin Ryu on the DL with shoulder inflammation.
Ryu coughed up six runs in his most recent start Sunday against the Rockies in Los Angeles, which was his second clunker on the season. He allowed two runs or fewer in each of his other five starts, including zero runs in four of them. Overall the second-year left-hander has a 3.38 ERA and 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings, nearly matching all of his numbers from last season.
Ryu was scheduled to start Sunday for the Dodgers, so they’ll need to add someone to the rotation over the weekend. For now they just need some fresh bullpens arms to help a worn-out pitching staff.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Report: Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player, not just as a manager (148)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- First-ever female baseball player added to MLB’s international registration list (104)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)