May 2, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to come off the disabled list Tuesday, but the Dodgers’ rotation won’t be at full strength even once he returns because they just placed Hyun-jin Ryu on the DL with shoulder inflammation.
Ryu coughed up six runs in his most recent start Sunday against the Rockies in Los Angeles, which was his second clunker on the season. He allowed two runs or fewer in each of his other five starts, including zero runs in four of them. Overall the second-year left-hander has a 3.38 ERA and 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings, nearly matching all of his numbers from last season.
Ryu was scheduled to start Sunday for the Dodgers, so they’ll need to add someone to the rotation over the weekend. For now they just need some fresh bullpens arms to help a worn-out pitching staff.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president, Al Avila takes over 0
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 28
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)