May 2, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Brewers starter Matt Garza suffered a thumb contusion in Wednesday’s game against the Cardinals, but after throwing a successful bullpen on Friday, he has been cleared to make his start on Monday at home against the Diamondbacks, according to Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Garza has been a bit inconsistent to start the season. The right-hander has allowed four or more runs in four of his six starts, currently sitting on a 5.00 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 12 walks in 36 innings of work.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)