May 2, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brewers starter Matt Garza suffered a thumb contusion in Wednesday’s game against the Cardinals, but after throwing a successful bullpen on Friday, he has been cleared to make his start on Monday at home against the Diamondbacks, according to Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Garza has been a bit inconsistent to start the season. The right-hander has allowed four or more runs in four of his six starts, currently sitting on a 5.00 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 12 walks in 36 innings of work.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)