May 2, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Brewers starter Matt Garza suffered a thumb contusion in Wednesday’s game against the Cardinals, but after throwing a successful bullpen on Friday, he has been cleared to make his start on Monday at home against the Diamondbacks, according to Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Garza has been a bit inconsistent to start the season. The right-hander has allowed four or more runs in four of his six starts, currently sitting on a 5.00 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 12 walks in 36 innings of work.
- Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 0
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 74
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)