May 2, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Brewers starter Matt Garza suffered a thumb contusion in Wednesday’s game against the Cardinals, but after throwing a successful bullpen on Friday, he has been cleared to make his start on Monday at home against the Diamondbacks, according to Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Garza has been a bit inconsistent to start the season. The right-hander has allowed four or more runs in four of his six starts, currently sitting on a 5.00 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 12 walks in 36 innings of work.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)