May 2, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Brewers starter Matt Garza suffered a thumb contusion in Wednesday’s game against the Cardinals, but after throwing a successful bullpen on Friday, he has been cleared to make his start on Monday at home against the Diamondbacks, according to Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Garza has been a bit inconsistent to start the season. The right-hander has allowed four or more runs in four of his six starts, currently sitting on a 5.00 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 12 walks in 36 innings of work.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)