May 2, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
Aaron Hicks left last night’s game after slamming his head into the outfield wall and now the Twins have placed the center fielder on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Hicks initially remained in the game, but was later removed for a pinch-hitter and afterward teammates described him as clearly displaying some post-concussion symptoms.
Sam Fuld, who was claimed off waivers from the A’s last week, will take over as Minnesota’s primary center fielder and now the Twins’ entire starting outfield is on the disabled list as Hicks joins left fielder Josh Willingham and right fielder Oswaldo Arcia.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)