May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports that the Blue Jays have called up pitching prospect Marcus Stroman from Triple-A Buffalo. At least initially, Stroman will contribute out of the bullpen.
The Jays just transferred Brandon Morrow to the 60-day disabled list with a torn tendon sheath in his pitching hand, and have tabbed J.A. Happ as Monday’s starter. Perhaps after that, however, Stroman could be moved into the rotation on a regular basis.
Stroman compiled a 1.69 ERA with 36 strikeouts and seven walks in 26 2/3 innings over five starts with the Buffalo Bisons. Baseball Prospectus rated him the #27 overall prospect entering the season.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)