May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports that the Blue Jays have called up pitching prospect Marcus Stroman from Triple-A Buffalo. At least initially, Stroman will contribute out of the bullpen.
The Jays just transferred Brandon Morrow to the 60-day disabled list with a torn tendon sheath in his pitching hand, and have tabbed J.A. Happ as Monday’s starter. Perhaps after that, however, Stroman could be moved into the rotation on a regular basis.
Stroman compiled a 1.69 ERA with 36 strikeouts and seven walks in 26 2/3 innings over five starts with the Buffalo Bisons. Baseball Prospectus rated him the #27 overall prospect entering the season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 35
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)