May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports that the Blue Jays have called up pitching prospect Marcus Stroman from Triple-A Buffalo. At least initially, Stroman will contribute out of the bullpen.
The Jays just transferred Brandon Morrow to the 60-day disabled list with a torn tendon sheath in his pitching hand, and have tabbed J.A. Happ as Monday’s starter. Perhaps after that, however, Stroman could be moved into the rotation on a regular basis.
Stroman compiled a 1.69 ERA with 36 strikeouts and seven walks in 26 2/3 innings over five starts with the Buffalo Bisons. Baseball Prospectus rated him the #27 overall prospect entering the season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)