May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays placed starter Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger on Saturday, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. According to Davidi, Morrow felt the index finger “pop” at the base of his right hand.
The Jays have recalled Chad Jenkins from Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrow’s spot on the roster, and J.A. Happ will start on Monday in Morrow’s place. The rest of the rotation will stay in the same order.
This marks the fourth consecutive season in which Morrow has landed on the DL, but fortunately for him and the Jays, this doesn’t seem comparatively as serious. Morrow had been struggling through six starts, posting a 5.93 ERA with a 26/17 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)