May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays placed starter Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger on Saturday, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. According to Davidi, Morrow felt the index finger “pop” at the base of his right hand.
The Jays have recalled Chad Jenkins from Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrow’s spot on the roster, and J.A. Happ will start on Monday in Morrow’s place. The rest of the rotation will stay in the same order.
This marks the fourth consecutive season in which Morrow has landed on the DL, but fortunately for him and the Jays, this doesn’t seem comparatively as serious. Morrow had been struggling through six starts, posting a 5.93 ERA with a 26/17 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)