May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays placed starter Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger on Saturday, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. According to Davidi, Morrow felt the index finger “pop” at the base of his right hand.
The Jays have recalled Chad Jenkins from Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrow’s spot on the roster, and J.A. Happ will start on Monday in Morrow’s place. The rest of the rotation will stay in the same order.
This marks the fourth consecutive season in which Morrow has landed on the DL, but fortunately for him and the Jays, this doesn’t seem comparatively as serious. Morrow had been struggling through six starts, posting a 5.93 ERA with a 26/17 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 5
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)