May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays placed starter Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger on Saturday, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. According to Davidi, Morrow felt the index finger “pop” at the base of his right hand.
The Jays have recalled Chad Jenkins from Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrow’s spot on the roster, and J.A. Happ will start on Monday in Morrow’s place. The rest of the rotation will stay in the same order.
This marks the fourth consecutive season in which Morrow has landed on the DL, but fortunately for him and the Jays, this doesn’t seem comparatively as serious. Morrow had been struggling through six starts, posting a 5.93 ERA with a 26/17 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)