May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays placed starter Brandon Morrow on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger on Saturday, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. According to Davidi, Morrow felt the index finger “pop” at the base of his right hand.
The Jays have recalled Chad Jenkins from Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrow’s spot on the roster, and J.A. Happ will start on Monday in Morrow’s place. The rest of the rotation will stay in the same order.
This marks the fourth consecutive season in which Morrow has landed on the DL, but fortunately for him and the Jays, this doesn’t seem comparatively as serious. Morrow had been struggling through six starts, posting a 5.93 ERA with a 26/17 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)