May 3, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Michael Bourn successfully laid down a bunt single leading off the bottom of the third inning during Saturday night’s game against the White Sox. He advanced to second on Nick Swisher‘s walk, but didn’t have to do too much running as the next three Indians all flied out, leaving two runners stranded.
Bourn did not take his place in center field for the top of the fourth inning. Instead, Michael Brantley moved from left to center and Mike Aviles entered the game in left. Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports that Bourn left the game with tightness in his left hamstring. The Indians said it was a precautionary move.
Bourn missed the first two weeks of the season as he was on the disabled list with a left hamstring injury, one which bothered him throughout the second half of spring training. Bourn has gotten off to a slow start, entering Saturday’s action with a .631 OPS in 65 plate appearances.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)