May 3, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Michael Bourn successfully laid down a bunt single leading off the bottom of the third inning during Saturday night’s game against the White Sox. He advanced to second on Nick Swisher‘s walk, but didn’t have to do too much running as the next three Indians all flied out, leaving two runners stranded.
Bourn did not take his place in center field for the top of the fourth inning. Instead, Michael Brantley moved from left to center and Mike Aviles entered the game in left. Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports that Bourn left the game with tightness in his left hamstring. The Indians said it was a precautionary move.
Bourn missed the first two weeks of the season as he was on the disabled list with a left hamstring injury, one which bothered him throughout the second half of spring training. Bourn has gotten off to a slow start, entering Saturday’s action with a .631 OPS in 65 plate appearances.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)