May 3, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Michael Bourn successfully laid down a bunt single leading off the bottom of the third inning during Saturday night’s game against the White Sox. He advanced to second on Nick Swisher‘s walk, but didn’t have to do too much running as the next three Indians all flied out, leaving two runners stranded.
Bourn did not take his place in center field for the top of the fourth inning. Instead, Michael Brantley moved from left to center and Mike Aviles entered the game in left. Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports that Bourn left the game with tightness in his left hamstring. The Indians said it was a precautionary move.
Bourn missed the first two weeks of the season as he was on the disabled list with a left hamstring injury, one which bothered him throughout the second half of spring training. Bourn has gotten off to a slow start, entering Saturday’s action with a .631 OPS in 65 plate appearances.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 2
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 18
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 14
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 8
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)