May 3, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
We don’t talk about college baseball all that often around here, but this is just too good to ignore.
OK, so here’s the scene. LSU came into the bottom of the ninth inning leading Texas A&M 4-0, but the Aggies rallied to tie the game before shortstop Blake Allemand hit a ball to left field which appeared destined to fall for a game-winner. However, Jared Foster robbed him by making an incredible leaping catch to send the game to extra innings. Look at the hang time on this one:
Just ridiculous. LSU went on to win the game 5-4 in 10 innings.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)