May 3, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
We don’t talk about college baseball all that often around here, but this is just too good to ignore.
OK, so here’s the scene. LSU came into the bottom of the ninth inning leading Texas A&M 4-0, but the Aggies rallied to tie the game before shortstop Blake Allemand hit a ball to left field which appeared destined to fall for a game-winner. However, Jared Foster robbed him by making an incredible leaping catch to send the game to extra innings. Look at the hang time on this one:
Just ridiculous. LSU went on to win the game 5-4 in 10 innings.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)