May 3, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
We don’t talk about college baseball all that often around here, but this is just too good to ignore.
OK, so here’s the scene. LSU came into the bottom of the ninth inning leading Texas A&M 4-0, but the Aggies rallied to tie the game before shortstop Blake Allemand hit a ball to left field which appeared destined to fall for a game-winner. However, Jared Foster robbed him by making an incredible leaping catch to send the game to extra innings. Look at the hang time on this one:
Just ridiculous. LSU went on to win the game 5-4 in 10 innings.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29