May 3, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Bill Baer wrote last night that Ryan Braun could be placed on the disabled list due to his strained right oblique and that’s exactly what the Brewers did this morning. Logan Schafer, who has been sidelined since mid-April with a hamstring strain, has been activated to take his place on the active roster.
Braun’s stint on the disabled list has been backdated to April 27, the day after his last game action, so he’ll be eligible to return on May 12 if all goes well. Oblique injuries are tricky, so that’s obviously far from a guarantee.
Braun, who has been playing through a nagging thumb injury, is batting .318/.361/.591 with six home runs and 18 RBI in 22 games this season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36