May 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado might not be a household name yet, but he’s well on his way. Check out this impressive off-balance throw he made to nail Chris Young by a few steps last night. Just unfair.
No wonder Arenado won the Gold Glove Award at third base as a rookie. By the way, he’s also getting it done on offense right now. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to 22 games last night. That’s the longest streak in MLB so far this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)