May 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado might not be a household name yet, but he’s well on his way. Check out this impressive off-balance throw he made to nail Chris Young by a few steps last night. Just unfair.
No wonder Arenado won the Gold Glove Award at third base as a rookie. By the way, he’s also getting it done on offense right now. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to 22 games last night. That’s the longest streak in MLB so far this season.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)