May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The White Sox announced this afternoon that outfielder Adam Eaton was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
Eaton left last night’s game against the Indians with the injury. The 25-year-old told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com after the game that his hamstring has been bothering him for a little over a week and has gotten worse. He missed five games last month with an injury to the tendon in his left knee, so some time off his legs could be a good thing.
Acquired from the Diamondbacks in the three-team Mark Trumbo deal over the winter, Eaton is batting .276/.363/.378 with seven extra-base hits (including one home run), 14 RBI, two stolen bases, and 20 runs scored in 25 games this season. With the Eaton move, the White Sox now have seven players on the disabled list. Avisail Garcia, Conor Gillaspie, Jeff Keppinger, Chris Sale, Felipe Paulino, and Nate Jones are the others.
In addition to placing Eaton on the disabled list, the White Sox have called up left-hander Frank De Los Santos from Triple-A Charlotte and claimed outfielder Moises Sierra off waivers from the Blue Jays. Jones has been moved to the 60-day disabled list to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Sierra.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)