May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The White Sox announced this afternoon that outfielder Adam Eaton was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
Eaton left last night’s game against the Indians with the injury. The 25-year-old told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com after the game that his hamstring has been bothering him for a little over a week and has gotten worse. He missed five games last month with an injury to the tendon in his left knee, so some time off his legs could be a good thing.
Acquired from the Diamondbacks in the three-team Mark Trumbo deal over the winter, Eaton is batting .276/.363/.378 with seven extra-base hits (including one home run), 14 RBI, two stolen bases, and 20 runs scored in 25 games this season. With the Eaton move, the White Sox now have seven players on the disabled list. Avisail Garcia, Conor Gillaspie, Jeff Keppinger, Chris Sale, Felipe Paulino, and Nate Jones are the others.
In addition to placing Eaton on the disabled list, the White Sox have called up left-hander Frank De Los Santos from Triple-A Charlotte and claimed outfielder Moises Sierra off waivers from the Blue Jays. Jones has been moved to the 60-day disabled list to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Sierra.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)