May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The White Sox announced this afternoon that outfielder Adam Eaton was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
Eaton left last night’s game against the Indians with the injury. The 25-year-old told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com after the game that his hamstring has been bothering him for a little over a week and has gotten worse. He missed five games last month with an injury to the tendon in his left knee, so some time off his legs could be a good thing.
Acquired from the Diamondbacks in the three-team Mark Trumbo deal over the winter, Eaton is batting .276/.363/.378 with seven extra-base hits (including one home run), 14 RBI, two stolen bases, and 20 runs scored in 25 games this season. With the Eaton move, the White Sox now have seven players on the disabled list. Avisail Garcia, Conor Gillaspie, Jeff Keppinger, Chris Sale, Felipe Paulino, and Nate Jones are the others.
In addition to placing Eaton on the disabled list, the White Sox have called up left-hander Frank De Los Santos from Triple-A Charlotte and claimed outfielder Moises Sierra off waivers from the Blue Jays. Jones has been moved to the 60-day disabled list to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Sierra.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)