May 4, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Philadelphia was hosting two notable athletic events on Sunday. One was the Phillies’ series finale against the Nationals, and the other was the Broad Street Run. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg inadvertently found himself involved in both.
From the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Matt Gelb:
An Uber car dropped Ryne Sandberg on the wrong side of Broad this morning. He ran some 50 feet with the racers to cross. No medal awarded.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 4, 2014
Sandberg also got to enjoy his team win 1-0 over the Nationals, taking two out of three in the series against their division rival. If Sandberg threw up on Sunday, it wasn’t because of his awful bullpen for once; it was because of the running.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)