May 4, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Philadelphia was hosting two notable athletic events on Sunday. One was the Phillies’ series finale against the Nationals, and the other was the Broad Street Run. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg inadvertently found himself involved in both.
From the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Matt Gelb:
An Uber car dropped Ryne Sandberg on the wrong side of Broad this morning. He ran some 50 feet with the racers to cross. No medal awarded.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 4, 2014
Sandberg also got to enjoy his team win 1-0 over the Nationals, taking two out of three in the series against their division rival. If Sandberg threw up on Sunday, it wasn’t because of his awful bullpen for once; it was because of the running.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)