May 4, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Philadelphia was hosting two notable athletic events on Sunday. One was the Phillies’ series finale against the Nationals, and the other was the Broad Street Run. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg inadvertently found himself involved in both.
From the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Matt Gelb:
An Uber car dropped Ryne Sandberg on the wrong side of Broad this morning. He ran some 50 feet with the racers to cross. No medal awarded.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 4, 2014
Sandberg also got to enjoy his team win 1-0 over the Nationals, taking two out of three in the series against their division rival. If Sandberg threw up on Sunday, it wasn’t because of his awful bullpen for once; it was because of the running.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)