May 4, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Jane Lee reports that the A’s have claimed outfielder Nick Buss off waivers from the Dodgers and sent him to Triple-A Sacramento.
Buss was designated for assignment by Los Angeles to clear a 40-man roster spot for right-hander Red Patterson, who made his major league debut in a spot start last week against the Minnesota Twins.
Buss was batting just .261/.330/.391 with one home run in 26 games this season for the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but he hit .303/.363/.525 with 17 homers, 100 RBI, and 21 stolen bases in 131 games last year and could be of value to Oakland at some point this summer.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)