May 4, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
MLB.com’s Jane Lee reports that the A’s have claimed outfielder Nick Buss off waivers from the Dodgers and sent him to Triple-A Sacramento.
Buss was designated for assignment by Los Angeles to clear a 40-man roster spot for right-hander Red Patterson, who made his major league debut in a spot start last week against the Minnesota Twins.
Buss was batting just .261/.330/.391 with one home run in 26 games this season for the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but he hit .303/.363/.525 with 17 homers, 100 RBI, and 21 stolen bases in 131 games last year and could be of value to Oakland at some point this summer.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40