May 4, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
Bell had surrendered 24 hits, eight walks, and 16 runs — 14 earned — in 17 1/3 innings this year for the Rays, who got him from the Diamondbacks this past winter as part of a three-team trade.
The 36-year-old owns a rough 4.91 ERA and 1.507 WHIP in 146 2/3 innings since signing a three-year, $27 million free agent contract with the Marlins prior to the 2012 campaign. That deal ends this fall.
Bell will either be traded, released, or outrighted to Triple-A Durham within the next 10 days.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 282
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)