May 4, 2014, 1:54 PM EST
Patrick Saunders, lead beat writer at the Denver Post, reports that the Rockies placed catcher Wilin Rosario on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning because of a viral infection. Rosario has also been battling some left hand soreness, so that probably played a factor in the decision to shelve him.
Jordan Pacheco started at catcher on Saturday and the Rockies have brought up Michael McKenry to provide some needed depth at the position.
Rosario was off to a disappointing start at the plate this season for Colorado, batting just .239/.274/.398 with three home runs and 15 RBI in 24 games.
He hit .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI in 121 games last year.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (144)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)