May 5, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
The Angels’ offense has been pretty darn good even without Josh Hamilton, but they’re a step toward getting him back anyway. The Orange County Register reports that Hamilton is supposed to take live batting practice this week.
Hamilton, you’ll recall, needed surgery in mid-April for a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and is likely to miss another 3-4 weeks. But actual baseball stuff like this is a step in the right direction.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)