May 5, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
The Angels’ offense has been pretty darn good even without Josh Hamilton, but they’re a step toward getting him back anyway. The Orange County Register reports that Hamilton is supposed to take live batting practice this week.
Hamilton, you’ll recall, needed surgery in mid-April for a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and is likely to miss another 3-4 weeks. But actual baseball stuff like this is a step in the right direction.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 7
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)