May 5, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
The Angels’ offense has been pretty darn good even without Josh Hamilton, but they’re a step toward getting him back anyway. The Orange County Register reports that Hamilton is supposed to take live batting practice this week.
Hamilton, you’ll recall, needed surgery in mid-April for a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and is likely to miss another 3-4 weeks. But actual baseball stuff like this is a step in the right direction.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)