May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Another day, another hit for Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to an MLB-best 25 games with a two-run homer off Rangers left-hander Martin Perez in the second inning this evening at Coors Field.
You can watch video of the home run here.
Arenado is now batting .316/.338/.519 with six home runs and 22 RBI through 34 games this season. And as we have seen multiple times over the past few days, the 2013 Gold Glove Award winner is pretty awesome defensively too. He’s looking like an emerging star for the Rockies.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 0
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 43
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)