May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Another day, another hit for Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to an MLB-best 25 games with a two-run homer off Rangers left-hander Martin Perez in the second inning this evening at Coors Field.
You can watch video of the home run here.
Arenado is now batting .316/.338/.519 with six home runs and 22 RBI through 34 games this season. And as we have seen multiple times over the past few days, the 2013 Gold Glove Award winner is pretty awesome defensively too. He’s looking like an emerging star for the Rockies.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)