May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Another day, another hit for Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to an MLB-best 25 games with a two-run homer off Rangers left-hander Martin Perez in the second inning this evening at Coors Field.
You can watch video of the home run here.
Arenado is now batting .316/.338/.519 with six home runs and 22 RBI through 34 games this season. And as we have seen multiple times over the past few days, the 2013 Gold Glove Award winner is pretty awesome defensively too. He’s looking like an emerging star for the Rockies.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)