May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Another day, another hit for Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to an MLB-best 25 games with a two-run homer off Rangers left-hander Martin Perez in the second inning this evening at Coors Field.
You can watch video of the home run here.
Arenado is now batting .316/.338/.519 with six home runs and 22 RBI through 34 games this season. And as we have seen multiple times over the past few days, the 2013 Gold Glove Award winner is pretty awesome defensively too. He’s looking like an emerging star for the Rockies.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)