May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Another day, another hit for Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado. The 23-year-old extended his hitting streak to an MLB-best 25 games with a two-run homer off Rangers left-hander Martin Perez in the second inning this evening at Coors Field.
You can watch video of the home run here.
Arenado is now batting .316/.338/.519 with six home runs and 22 RBI through 34 games this season. And as we have seen multiple times over the past few days, the 2013 Gold Glove Award winner is pretty awesome defensively too. He’s looking like an emerging star for the Rockies.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)