May 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Based on Heyman’s wording and Duquette’s wording it seems obvious that one of them is, let’s say, being less than truthful, although in fairness it could simply be that Heyman was told incorrect information by Morales’ representatives–which happens to be Scott Boras–and Duquette is simply trying to deflect questions about the talks.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $45,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Monday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 29
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15