May 5, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
A teenage pitcher on an Alberta baseball team has been kicked off for having long hair. Hair he was growing long to donate to a cancer charity, by the way. Seems he didn’t respect the game:
Mackenzie has been coaching the team for seven years and says his decision comes down to basic respect for the game.
“To me, the hair issue is part of the uniform,” he said. “It’s like the hat. It’s like the jersey. It’s all part of the appearance and that’s important to me, to have respect for yourself and for your other team mates.”
The Pincher Creek Minor Baseball Association has put out a statement saying it has no problem with Mackenzie’s rule.
So I guess it’s not just in the majors where conservative jerkwads come up with their own self-written rules that fit with their own personal jerkwad image and then scold others for not conforming.
In other news:
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)