May 5, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
A teenage pitcher on an Alberta baseball team has been kicked off for having long hair. Hair he was growing long to donate to a cancer charity, by the way. Seems he didn’t respect the game:
Mackenzie has been coaching the team for seven years and says his decision comes down to basic respect for the game.
“To me, the hair issue is part of the uniform,” he said. “It’s like the hat. It’s like the jersey. It’s all part of the appearance and that’s important to me, to have respect for yourself and for your other team mates.”
The Pincher Creek Minor Baseball Association has put out a statement saying it has no problem with Mackenzie’s rule.
So I guess it’s not just in the majors where conservative jerkwads come up with their own self-written rules that fit with their own personal jerkwad image and then scold others for not conforming.
In other news:
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 24
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 133
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (133)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)