May 5, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig is not in the Dodgers’ lineup today, a day after he banged his head, side, and shoulder into the outfield wall yesterday while trying to get to Jeff Baker‘s game-winning RBI double. Puig passed a postgame concussion test and is considered day-to-day, so this is likely just due to soreness and as a general precautionary measure.
Puig is hitting .309/.397/500 on the year.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)