May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie left Monday’s Blue Jays-Phillies game with tightness in his right hamstring. He evidently suffered the injury while running to first base during a groundout in the top of the fourth inning. Lawrie is listed as day-to-day for now. Though, for the record, I can’t remember the last guy who left a game with a hamstring thing didn’t end up hitting the disabled list at some point or another.
On the season Lawrie is hitting a mere .229/.276/.407. Perhaps some time off will do him good.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)