May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie left Monday’s Blue Jays-Phillies game with tightness in his right hamstring. He evidently suffered the injury while running to first base during a groundout in the top of the fourth inning. Lawrie is listed as day-to-day for now. Though, for the record, I can’t remember the last guy who left a game with a hamstring thing didn’t end up hitting the disabled list at some point or another.
On the season Lawrie is hitting a mere .229/.276/.407. Perhaps some time off will do him good.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)