May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie left Monday’s Blue Jays-Phillies game with tightness in his right hamstring. He evidently suffered the injury while running to first base during a groundout in the top of the fourth inning. Lawrie is listed as day-to-day for now. Though, for the record, I can’t remember the last guy who left a game with a hamstring thing didn’t end up hitting the disabled list at some point or another.
On the season Lawrie is hitting a mere .229/.276/.407. Perhaps some time off will do him good.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)