May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie left Monday’s Blue Jays-Phillies game with tightness in his right hamstring. He evidently suffered the injury while running to first base during a groundout in the top of the fourth inning. Lawrie is listed as day-to-day for now. Though, for the record, I can’t remember the last guy who left a game with a hamstring thing didn’t end up hitting the disabled list at some point or another.
On the season Lawrie is hitting a mere .229/.276/.407. Perhaps some time off will do him good.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)