May 6, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Add another thing to the “stuff that’s gone wrong for the Diamondbacks this season” pile, as right-hander J.J. Putz is headed to the disabled list with a strained forearm.
Putz has a long history of arm problems and tried to pitch through this recent issue, but it predictably didn’t work well so Arizona shut him down.
Putz posted a sub-3.00 ERA with big strikeout rates in each season from 2010-2013 and as a 37-year-old reliever in the final season of his contract he’d be a prime trade candidate if/when the Diamondbacks decide to start selling, but lingering forearm problems could scare contenders off.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)