May 6, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Add another thing to the “stuff that’s gone wrong for the Diamondbacks this season” pile, as right-hander J.J. Putz is headed to the disabled list with a strained forearm.
Putz has a long history of arm problems and tried to pitch through this recent issue, but it predictably didn’t work well so Arizona shut him down.
Putz posted a sub-3.00 ERA with big strikeout rates in each season from 2010-2013 and as a 37-year-old reliever in the final season of his contract he’d be a prime trade candidate if/when the Diamondbacks decide to start selling, but lingering forearm problems could scare contenders off.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)