May 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton has missed four straight starts due to a sprain of the third and fourth knuckles on his left hand suffered during a diving catch last Thursday. The hope was that a few days rest would have him back in shape, but he tried to take batting practice today and couldn’t grip the bat. Looks like the disabled list is in Hamilton’s future.
Hamilton started the season slowly, but had been steadily improving over the past few weeks.
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)