May 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton has missed four straight starts due to a sprain of the third and fourth knuckles on his left hand suffered during a diving catch last Thursday. The hope was that a few days rest would have him back in shape, but he tried to take batting practice today and couldn’t grip the bat. Looks like the disabled list is in Hamilton’s future.
Hamilton started the season slowly, but had been steadily improving over the past few weeks.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (112)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)