May 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton has missed four straight starts due to a sprain of the third and fourth knuckles on his left hand suffered during a diving catch last Thursday. The hope was that a few days rest would have him back in shape, but he tried to take batting practice today and couldn’t grip the bat. Looks like the disabled list is in Hamilton’s future.
Hamilton started the season slowly, but had been steadily improving over the past few weeks.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from the Athletics 0
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 0
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 66
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)