May 7, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Mauer has so far avoided the disabled list, but the Twins first baseman sat out his second straight game Tuesday with back spasms and LaVelle E. Neal of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that he’ll likely miss at least a few more games.
Mauer described his back pain as “pretty brutal” and noted that this is the first time he’s dealt with back problems like this.
It’s a shame, too, because after starting the season hitless in his first 10 at-bats Mauer hit .324 with 21 runs scored in his next 26 games. In other words, he was hitting like his usual batting title-winning self.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)