May 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun‘s batting practice session at Miller Park today went well and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the former MVP told Brewers coaches that he expects to return from a strained oblique muscle when he’s eligible Tuesday.
Braun has been out since April 26 and has been on the disabled list since May 3. Before being shut down he hit .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games.
In his absence the Brewers have recently used Caleb Gindl as their primary right fielder, although Logan Schafer got the start there yesterday. And they have a 4-6 record without Braun so far.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)