May 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun‘s batting practice session at Miller Park today went well and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the former MVP told Brewers coaches that he expects to return from a strained oblique muscle when he’s eligible Tuesday.
Braun has been out since April 26 and has been on the disabled list since May 3. Before being shut down he hit .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games.
In his absence the Brewers have recently used Caleb Gindl as their primary right fielder, although Logan Schafer got the start there yesterday. And they have a 4-6 record without Braun so far.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)