May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
Lind spent four games rehabbing in the minors at Single-A, going 4-for-14. Prior to the injury he was off to a strong start, hitting .324 with a .965 OPS in 13 games to build on a bounceback 2013 season that saw him crack a .750 OPS for the first time since 2009.
In his absence the Blue Jays have used an assortment of designated hitters, led by Juan Francisco, and their recent five-game interleague road series was good timing with Lind out of action.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)