May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
Lind spent four games rehabbing in the minors at Single-A, going 4-for-14. Prior to the injury he was off to a strong start, hitting .324 with a .965 OPS in 13 games to build on a bounceback 2013 season that saw him crack a .750 OPS for the first time since 2009.
In his absence the Blue Jays have used an assortment of designated hitters, led by Juan Francisco, and their recent five-game interleague road series was good timing with Lind out of action.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)