May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
Lind spent four games rehabbing in the minors at Single-A, going 4-for-14. Prior to the injury he was off to a strong start, hitting .324 with a .965 OPS in 13 games to build on a bounceback 2013 season that saw him crack a .750 OPS for the first time since 2009.
In his absence the Blue Jays have used an assortment of designated hitters, led by Juan Francisco, and their recent five-game interleague road series was good timing with Lind out of action.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)