May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
Lind spent four games rehabbing in the minors at Single-A, going 4-for-14. Prior to the injury he was off to a strong start, hitting .324 with a .965 OPS in 13 games to build on a bounceback 2013 season that saw him crack a .750 OPS for the first time since 2009.
In his absence the Blue Jays have used an assortment of designated hitters, led by Juan Francisco, and their recent five-game interleague road series was good timing with Lind out of action.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)