Famous barber says that Alex Rodriguez shaves his arms and legs

May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez speaks during a news conference in Chicago Reuters

I’m more interested in the fact that there’s a famous barber, but before we get to that:

When he spotted Alex Rodriguez shaving his legs at Yankee Stadium, Jose Moises Lopez knew just what to do. He offered to help.

“I didn’t want him to cut himself,” Lopez said in Spanish. “’Don’t worry about it,’ I said. ‘I’ll do it for you.’ He shaves his arms and legs.”

Annnnnnnywaaaayyyy .  . . about that barber: Ted Berg of USAToday talks about him and his new show on Fox Sports 1 called “Back of the Shop.” Which is basically Lopez and baseball stars shooting the breeze in the back of a barber shop.

You may think that’s odd, but as a man with very little hair and thus the need to frequent the sorts of barber shops where old men hang out and talk about, well, everything, I can tell you that this is the best kind of talk. It actually sounds pretty cool.

As long as A-Rod doesn’t show up.

1. hockeyflow33 - May 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Is this seriously the trash that needs to be posted? We get it, you don’t like Arod. Move on like the rest of us.

• nbjays - May 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Looks like you’re lost… PHT is THAT way —->

• hockeyflow33 - May 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Good one, I’m glad morons like you continue to come up with the same witty retort.

2. yahmule - May 8, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Action movie heroes have been doing this for years. I’m one million percent certain Alex views himself as pretty much that, so I’m not surprised.

3. southernballhawk1 - May 9, 2014 at 12:56 AM

eww

4. campcouch - May 9, 2014 at 3:00 AM

not the first guy to do it,and won’t be the last.

5. tfilarski - May 9, 2014 at 7:42 AM

thanks for the breaking news…

6. dmgrant04 - May 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM

You are a sick piece of crap to write something like this. You would probably enjoy watching him.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3694)