May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m more interested in the fact that there’s a famous barber, but before we get to that:
When he spotted Alex Rodriguez shaving his legs at Yankee Stadium, Jose Moises Lopez knew just what to do. He offered to help.
“I didn’t want him to cut himself,” Lopez said in Spanish. “’Don’t worry about it,’ I said. ‘I’ll do it for you.’ He shaves his arms and legs.”
Annnnnnnywaaaayyyy . . . about that barber: Ted Berg of USAToday talks about him and his new show on Fox Sports 1 called “Back of the Shop.” Which is basically Lopez and baseball stars shooting the breeze in the back of a barber shop.
You may think that’s odd, but as a man with very little hair and thus the need to frequent the sorts of barber shops where old men hang out and talk about, well, everything, I can tell you that this is the best kind of talk. It actually sounds pretty cool.
As long as A-Rod doesn’t show up.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 143
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39