May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m more interested in the fact that there’s a famous barber, but before we get to that:
When he spotted Alex Rodriguez shaving his legs at Yankee Stadium, Jose Moises Lopez knew just what to do. He offered to help.
“I didn’t want him to cut himself,” Lopez said in Spanish. “’Don’t worry about it,’ I said. ‘I’ll do it for you.’ He shaves his arms and legs.”
Annnnnnnywaaaayyyy . . . about that barber: Ted Berg of USAToday talks about him and his new show on Fox Sports 1 called “Back of the Shop.” Which is basically Lopez and baseball stars shooting the breeze in the back of a barber shop.
You may think that’s odd, but as a man with very little hair and thus the need to frequent the sorts of barber shops where old men hang out and talk about, well, everything, I can tell you that this is the best kind of talk. It actually sounds pretty cool.
As long as A-Rod doesn’t show up.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)