May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m more interested in the fact that there’s a famous barber, but before we get to that:
When he spotted Alex Rodriguez shaving his legs at Yankee Stadium, Jose Moises Lopez knew just what to do. He offered to help.
“I didn’t want him to cut himself,” Lopez said in Spanish. “’Don’t worry about it,’ I said. ‘I’ll do it for you.’ He shaves his arms and legs.”
Annnnnnnywaaaayyyy . . . about that barber: Ted Berg of USAToday talks about him and his new show on Fox Sports 1 called “Back of the Shop.” Which is basically Lopez and baseball stars shooting the breeze in the back of a barber shop.
You may think that’s odd, but as a man with very little hair and thus the need to frequent the sorts of barber shops where old men hang out and talk about, well, everything, I can tell you that this is the best kind of talk. It actually sounds pretty cool.
As long as A-Rod doesn’t show up.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (157)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)