May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m more interested in the fact that there’s a famous barber, but before we get to that:
When he spotted Alex Rodriguez shaving his legs at Yankee Stadium, Jose Moises Lopez knew just what to do. He offered to help.
“I didn’t want him to cut himself,” Lopez said in Spanish. “’Don’t worry about it,’ I said. ‘I’ll do it for you.’ He shaves his arms and legs.”
Annnnnnnywaaaayyyy . . . about that barber: Ted Berg of USAToday talks about him and his new show on Fox Sports 1 called “Back of the Shop.” Which is basically Lopez and baseball stars shooting the breeze in the back of a barber shop.
You may think that’s odd, but as a man with very little hair and thus the need to frequent the sorts of barber shops where old men hang out and talk about, well, everything, I can tell you that this is the best kind of talk. It actually sounds pretty cool.
As long as A-Rod doesn’t show up.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)