May 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
While the Marlins are off to a surprisingly strong start, things aren’t going so well for their Triple-A team the New Orleans Zephyrs.
According to the New Orleans Advocate, teammates (and former big leaguers) Sam Dyson and Chris Hatcher got into a barroom fight that resulted in Hatcher breaking Dyson’s jaw with a punch. Hatcher has been suspended five games by the team, while Dyson needed surgery to fix his jaw and is expected to miss six weeks of action.
And whenever Dyson does return he’ll have to see plenty of Hatcher, because they’re both relievers and relievers mostly just sit around together in the bullpen during games waiting for their number to be called. Should be fun and not at all uncomfortable.
Hatcher is 29 years old and has spent parts of three seasons in the majors with the Marlins, logging 34 innings with a 7.22 ERA. He saved 33 games for the Zephyrs last season. Dyson is 26 years old and was claimed off waivers from the Blue Jays last season, throwing 11 innings for the Marlins along with his 2.81 ERA in the minors.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)