May 9, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Back end of the Angels rotation stunk on ice last year. The three-way trade with the Dbacks was designed to shore up the rotation, bringing in Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs. Skaggs is still in the back of the rotation, but Santiago isn’t: the Angels just demoted him to the bullpen.
The move is considered temporary, but it’s probably deserved. Santiago has posted a 5.19 ERA over his first seven starts and is walking 4.7 batters per nine innings.
Who takes his place in the rotation is unclear.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)