May 9, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
With the arrival of Gavin Floyd to the starting rotation, the Braves have decided to move Alex Wood to the bullpen, at least for now, David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. Wood will not make Sunday’s scheduled start. However, he will start a week from Saturday and will be available in the bullpen through Wednesday, O’Brien adds.
Wood, 23, posted a 3.00 ERA in seven starts spanning 45 innings. The Braves’ rotation, one through five, has been great though and no matter who was ousted, there would have been a bit of controversy.
Floyd, who underwent elbow surgery last May and had been recovering ever since, allowed one run in seven innings to the Cardinals in his 2014 debut on Tuesday. The Braves signed him to a one-year, $4 million deal in December.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (237)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)