May 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Orioles first baseman Chris Davis will play in a rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Saturday. Davis has been out since late April with a strained left oblique. If all goes well, he could rejoin the Orioles next week.
Davis left the Orioles hitting .250 with only two home runs and 13 RBI, a disappointing follow-up to his 2013 campaign in which he led the league with 53 homers and 138 RBI.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)