May 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Orioles first baseman Chris Davis will play in a rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Saturday. Davis has been out since late April with a strained left oblique. If all goes well, he could rejoin the Orioles next week.
Davis left the Orioles hitting .250 with only two home runs and 13 RBI, a disappointing follow-up to his 2013 campaign in which he led the league with 53 homers and 138 RBI.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)