May 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Orioles first baseman Chris Davis will play in a rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Saturday. Davis has been out since late April with a strained left oblique. If all goes well, he could rejoin the Orioles next week.
Davis left the Orioles hitting .250 with only two home runs and 13 RBI, a disappointing follow-up to his 2013 campaign in which he led the league with 53 homers and 138 RBI.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 10
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)