May 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Orioles first baseman Chris Davis will play in a rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Saturday. Davis has been out since late April with a strained left oblique. If all goes well, he could rejoin the Orioles next week.
Davis left the Orioles hitting .250 with only two home runs and 13 RBI, a disappointing follow-up to his 2013 campaign in which he led the league with 53 homers and 138 RBI.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)