May 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports that Orioles first baseman Chris Davis will play in a rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Saturday. Davis has been out since late April with a strained left oblique. If all goes well, he could rejoin the Orioles next week.
Davis left the Orioles hitting .250 with only two home runs and 13 RBI, a disappointing follow-up to his 2013 campaign in which he led the league with 53 homers and 138 RBI.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 23
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 12
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)