May 9, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe left last night’s game against the Giants with mild right hamstring soreness. He was replaced in the top of the ninth inning. It’s not clear when he tweaked it, but he grounded into a double play in the seventh and could’ve done it then.
Manager Don Mattingly said he wasn’t sure if Uribe’s injury was serious and that they’d reevaluate him today.
Uribe is off to a good start this year, hitting .306/.338/.463 with four homers.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)