May 9, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Duncan, 34, spent the spring with the Diamondbacks, posting a .630 OPS in 25 spring at-bats. In a handful of playing time at the big league level last season with the Rays, Duncan posted a .606 OPS.
Marson, 27, spent the spring with the Phillies, doubling in one of his three at-bats. The Phillies released him in mid-March. Marson had spent his time with the Indians since joining them in the Cliff Lee trade in 2009.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)