May 9, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Duncan, 34, spent the spring with the Diamondbacks, posting a .630 OPS in 25 spring at-bats. In a handful of playing time at the big league level last season with the Rays, Duncan posted a .606 OPS.
Marson, 27, spent the spring with the Phillies, doubling in one of his three at-bats. The Phillies released him in mid-March. Marson had spent his time with the Indians since joining them in the Cliff Lee trade in 2009.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)