May 9, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Duncan, 34, spent the spring with the Diamondbacks, posting a .630 OPS in 25 spring at-bats. In a handful of playing time at the big league level last season with the Rays, Duncan posted a .606 OPS.
Marson, 27, spent the spring with the Phillies, doubling in one of his three at-bats. The Phillies released him in mid-March. Marson had spent his time with the Indians since joining them in the Cliff Lee trade in 2009.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 41
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 214
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)