May 10, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment tomorrow.
Ellis underwent arthroscopic surgery on April 8 to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee. He’s scheduled to take 15 at-bats in extended spring training today before playing with Triple-A Albuquerque tomorrow and Monday. The Dodgers will reevaluate him after that, so it’s possible he could be activated if there are no issues.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)