May 10, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment tomorrow.
Ellis underwent arthroscopic surgery on April 8 to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee. He’s scheduled to take 15 at-bats in extended spring training today before playing with Triple-A Albuquerque tomorrow and Monday. The Dodgers will reevaluate him after that, so it’s possible he could be activated if there are no issues.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)