May 10, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register, Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment tomorrow.
Ellis underwent arthroscopic surgery on April 8 to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee. He’s scheduled to take 15 at-bats in extended spring training today before playing with Triple-A Albuquerque tomorrow and Monday. The Dodgers will reevaluate him after that, so it’s possible he could be activated if there are no issues.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)