May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY reports that the Orioles are actively listening to offers on left-handed reliever Troy Patton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Orioles are also aggressively pursuing a back-up catcher.
Matt Wieters has been dealing with an elbow issue and figures to continue serving as the team’s DH as long as that issue takes to clear up. Steve Clevenger and Caleb Joseph have split the time behind the dish but the Orioles would like a more reliable back-up in the mix.
Patton, 28, has posted a 3.05 ERA with 115 strikeouts and 34 walks in 144 2/3 innings since joining the Orioles’ bullpen in 2010.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 77
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 12
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 35
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Johnny Cueto to return to Reds’ rotation Tuesday 3
- Khris Davis has a torn meniscus in his right knee 8
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (88)