May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY reports that the Orioles are actively listening to offers on left-handed reliever Troy Patton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Orioles are also aggressively pursuing a back-up catcher.
Matt Wieters has been dealing with an elbow issue and figures to continue serving as the team’s DH as long as that issue takes to clear up. Steve Clevenger and Caleb Joseph have split the time behind the dish but the Orioles would like a more reliable back-up in the mix.
Patton, 28, has posted a 3.05 ERA with 115 strikeouts and 34 walks in 144 2/3 innings since joining the Orioles’ bullpen in 2010.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (158)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)