May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY reports that the Orioles are actively listening to offers on left-handed reliever Troy Patton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Orioles are also aggressively pursuing a back-up catcher.
Matt Wieters has been dealing with an elbow issue and figures to continue serving as the team’s DH as long as that issue takes to clear up. Steve Clevenger and Caleb Joseph have split the time behind the dish but the Orioles would like a more reliable back-up in the mix.
Patton, 28, has posted a 3.05 ERA with 115 strikeouts and 34 walks in 144 2/3 innings since joining the Orioles’ bullpen in 2010.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 95
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (95)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)