May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY reports that the Orioles are actively listening to offers on left-handed reliever Troy Patton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Orioles are also aggressively pursuing a back-up catcher.
Matt Wieters has been dealing with an elbow issue and figures to continue serving as the team’s DH as long as that issue takes to clear up. Steve Clevenger and Caleb Joseph have split the time behind the dish but the Orioles would like a more reliable back-up in the mix.
Patton, 28, has posted a 3.05 ERA with 115 strikeouts and 34 walks in 144 2/3 innings since joining the Orioles’ bullpen in 2010.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 50
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)