May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Byron Buxton is injured again. Via Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Buxton reinjured his wrist sliding into third base and is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the severity. Buxton was not in the Fort Myers Miracle lineup Friday or Saturday against the Jupiter Hammerheads in Class-A.
Buxton missed the first five weeks of the season after injuring the same wrist during spring training. Passan adds that this injury is not considered serious, but the Twins are being “exceedingly careful” with Buxton.
Buxton, 20, was rated the #1 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus after slashing .334/.424/.520 with 12 home runs and 55 stolen bases between Single-A Cedar Rapids and High-A Fort Myers last year.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)