May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Byron Buxton is injured again. Via Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Buxton reinjured his wrist sliding into third base and is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the severity. Buxton was not in the Fort Myers Miracle lineup Friday or Saturday against the Jupiter Hammerheads in Class-A.
Buxton missed the first five weeks of the season after injuring the same wrist during spring training. Passan adds that this injury is not considered serious, but the Twins are being “exceedingly careful” with Buxton.
Buxton, 20, was rated the #1 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus after slashing .334/.424/.520 with 12 home runs and 55 stolen bases between Single-A Cedar Rapids and High-A Fort Myers last year.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 0
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)