May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Byron Buxton is injured again. Via Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Buxton reinjured his wrist sliding into third base and is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the severity. Buxton was not in the Fort Myers Miracle lineup Friday or Saturday against the Jupiter Hammerheads in Class-A.
Buxton missed the first five weeks of the season after injuring the same wrist during spring training. Passan adds that this injury is not considered serious, but the Twins are being “exceedingly careful” with Buxton.
Buxton, 20, was rated the #1 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus after slashing .334/.424/.520 with 12 home runs and 55 stolen bases between Single-A Cedar Rapids and High-A Fort Myers last year.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)