May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Byron Buxton is injured again. Via Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Buxton reinjured his wrist sliding into third base and is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the severity. Buxton was not in the Fort Myers Miracle lineup Friday or Saturday against the Jupiter Hammerheads in Class-A.
Buxton missed the first five weeks of the season after injuring the same wrist during spring training. Passan adds that this injury is not considered serious, but the Twins are being “exceedingly careful” with Buxton.
Buxton, 20, was rated the #1 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus after slashing .334/.424/.520 with 12 home runs and 55 stolen bases between Single-A Cedar Rapids and High-A Fort Myers last year.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)