May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Byron Buxton is injured again. Via Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Buxton reinjured his wrist sliding into third base and is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the severity. Buxton was not in the Fort Myers Miracle lineup Friday or Saturday against the Jupiter Hammerheads in Class-A.
Buxton missed the first five weeks of the season after injuring the same wrist during spring training. Passan adds that this injury is not considered serious, but the Twins are being “exceedingly careful” with Buxton.
Buxton, 20, was rated the #1 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus after slashing .334/.424/.520 with 12 home runs and 55 stolen bases between Single-A Cedar Rapids and High-A Fort Myers last year.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8