May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
If Freddy Galvis could, he’d hit the reset button on 2014. First, he contracted MRSA during spring training. Between April 11 and May 8 with the Phillies, Galvis had just two hits and three walks in 46 plate appearances, resulting in his demotion to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. And now even more bad news.
Via Ryan Lawrence of the Philadelphia Daily News:
Meanwhile, at Triple-A Lehigh Valley, Freddy Galvis suffered a fractured left clavicle. Another tough break, literally, for Galvis.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) May 11, 2014
Jeff Schuler of the Morning Call tweeted earlier that Galvis had slid into a wall trying to catch a foul ball during Sunday afternoon’s game against the Gwinnett Braves.
Galvis had been demoted as a result of his poor offensive showing at the plate. As a result, the Phillies called up Reid Brignac to fill the club’s utility infielder position. Cesar Hernandez, who was learning third base with Double-A Reading, could be a promotion candidate soon, given his .355/.430/.505 slash line in 107 plate appearances.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 150
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (149)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)