May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
If Freddy Galvis could, he’d hit the reset button on 2014. First, he contracted MRSA during spring training. Between April 11 and May 8 with the Phillies, Galvis had just two hits and three walks in 46 plate appearances, resulting in his demotion to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. And now even more bad news.
Via Ryan Lawrence of the Philadelphia Daily News:
Meanwhile, at Triple-A Lehigh Valley, Freddy Galvis suffered a fractured left clavicle. Another tough break, literally, for Galvis.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) May 11, 2014
Jeff Schuler of the Morning Call tweeted earlier that Galvis had slid into a wall trying to catch a foul ball during Sunday afternoon’s game against the Gwinnett Braves.
Galvis had been demoted as a result of his poor offensive showing at the plate. As a result, the Phillies called up Reid Brignac to fill the club’s utility infielder position. Cesar Hernandez, who was learning third base with Double-A Reading, could be a promotion candidate soon, given his .355/.430/.505 slash line in 107 plate appearances.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)