May 11, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Martin Perez has discomfort in left elbow. Will miss at least one start and have an MRI.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) May 11, 2014
Perez had a streak of 28 scoreless innings in April. Since that was snapped, he’s allowed 19 runs in three starts. Ominous stuff considering the amount of Tommy John surgeries that have been performed in 2014.
Perez, 23, is under contract with the Rangers through 2017 and has options for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Nick Tepesch was scratched from his outing Sunday at Triple-A and could be on the way to the majors.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)