May 11, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Martin Perez has discomfort in left elbow. Will miss at least one start and have an MRI.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) May 11, 2014
Perez had a streak of 28 scoreless innings in April. Since that was snapped, he’s allowed 19 runs in three starts. Ominous stuff considering the amount of Tommy John surgeries that have been performed in 2014.
Perez, 23, is under contract with the Rangers through 2017 and has options for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Nick Tepesch was scratched from his outing Sunday at Triple-A and could be on the way to the majors.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)