May 11, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Martin Perez has discomfort in left elbow. Will miss at least one start and have an MRI.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) May 11, 2014
Perez had a streak of 28 scoreless innings in April. Since that was snapped, he’s allowed 19 runs in three starts. Ominous stuff considering the amount of Tommy John surgeries that have been performed in 2014.
Perez, 23, is under contract with the Rangers through 2017 and has options for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Nick Tepesch was scratched from his outing Sunday at Triple-A and could be on the way to the majors.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)