May 11, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Martin Perez has discomfort in left elbow. Will miss at least one start and have an MRI.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) May 11, 2014
Perez had a streak of 28 scoreless innings in April. Since that was snapped, he’s allowed 19 runs in three starts. Ominous stuff considering the amount of Tommy John surgeries that have been performed in 2014.
Perez, 23, is under contract with the Rangers through 2017 and has options for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Nick Tepesch was scratched from his outing Sunday at Triple-A and could be on the way to the majors.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)