May 11, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Martin Perez has discomfort in left elbow. Will miss at least one start and have an MRI.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) May 11, 2014
Perez had a streak of 28 scoreless innings in April. Since that was snapped, he’s allowed 19 runs in three starts. Ominous stuff considering the amount of Tommy John surgeries that have been performed in 2014.
Perez, 23, is under contract with the Rangers through 2017 and has options for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Nick Tepesch was scratched from his outing Sunday at Triple-A and could be on the way to the majors.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 11
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)