May 12, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has been sidelined since April 26 due to a blister on his right middle finger, but he’s getting closer to rejoining the Tigers’ starting rotation.
Jason Beck of MLB.com notes that Sanchez threw 60 pitches over four simulated innings earlier today. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus gave his throwing session a “thumbs-up” and said that his stuff looked good, but they’ll see how he feels tomorrow before announcing the next step. The hope right now is that he’ll be able to return to pitch Sunday night against the Red Sox.
Coming off an AL-best 2.57 ERA last season, Sanchez posted a 3.13 ERA and 24/11 K/BB ratio in 23 innings over his first five starts this year prior to landing on the disabled list.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)