May 12, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said this afternoon that CC Sabathia has requested to see Dr. James Andrews for a precautionary visit regarding his knee injury.
Sabathia was placed on the disabled list Sunday with right knee inflammation. While an MRI has ruled out any structural damage, he is dealing with fluid in the knee and will have it drained. As of now, the veteran left-hander hopes to return when he’s first eligible in two weeks. It’s worth noting that he had surgery to repair the meniscus in the very same knee following the 2010 season, so it doesn’t hurt to take every precaution. In others, don’t assume that a visit to Dr. Andrews means doom in this case.
Sabathia, 33, owns a 5.28 ERA and 48/10 K/BB ratio through eight starts this year. He has allowed 10 home runs in just 46 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54