May 12, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said this afternoon that CC Sabathia has requested to see Dr. James Andrews for a precautionary visit regarding his knee injury.
Sabathia was placed on the disabled list Sunday with right knee inflammation. While an MRI has ruled out any structural damage, he is dealing with fluid in the knee and will have it drained. As of now, the veteran left-hander hopes to return when he’s first eligible in two weeks. It’s worth noting that he had surgery to repair the meniscus in the very same knee following the 2010 season, so it doesn’t hurt to take every precaution. In others, don’t assume that a visit to Dr. Andrews means doom in this case.
Sabathia, 33, owns a 5.28 ERA and 48/10 K/BB ratio through eight starts this year. He has allowed 10 home runs in just 46 innings.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)