May 12, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said this afternoon that CC Sabathia has requested to see Dr. James Andrews for a precautionary visit regarding his knee injury.
Sabathia was placed on the disabled list Sunday with right knee inflammation. While an MRI has ruled out any structural damage, he is dealing with fluid in the knee and will have it drained. As of now, the veteran left-hander hopes to return when he’s first eligible in two weeks. It’s worth noting that he had surgery to repair the meniscus in the very same knee following the 2010 season, so it doesn’t hurt to take every precaution. In others, don’t assume that a visit to Dr. Andrews means doom in this case.
Sabathia, 33, owns a 5.28 ERA and 48/10 K/BB ratio through eight starts this year. He has allowed 10 home runs in just 46 innings.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (111)