May 12, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said this afternoon that CC Sabathia has requested to see Dr. James Andrews for a precautionary visit regarding his knee injury.
Sabathia was placed on the disabled list Sunday with right knee inflammation. While an MRI has ruled out any structural damage, he is dealing with fluid in the knee and will have it drained. As of now, the veteran left-hander hopes to return when he’s first eligible in two weeks. It’s worth noting that he had surgery to repair the meniscus in the very same knee following the 2010 season, so it doesn’t hurt to take every precaution. In others, don’t assume that a visit to Dr. Andrews means doom in this case.
Sabathia, 33, owns a 5.28 ERA and 48/10 K/BB ratio through eight starts this year. He has allowed 10 home runs in just 46 innings.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)