May 12, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Good news for the White Sox. According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Sale is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Charlotte.
Sale has been sidelined since April 17 due to a left flexor muscle strain. The expectation is that he’ll make another start in the minors after Thursday, which sets up a possible return to the White Sox on May 25 against the Yankees.
Sale was well on his way to another excellent season prior to the injury, posting a 2.30 ERA and 29/7 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings over four starts.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 13
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 46
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)