May 12, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Good news for the White Sox. According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Sale is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Charlotte.
Sale has been sidelined since April 17 due to a left flexor muscle strain. The expectation is that he’ll make another start in the minors after Thursday, which sets up a possible return to the White Sox on May 25 against the Yankees.
Sale was well on his way to another excellent season prior to the injury, posting a 2.30 ERA and 29/7 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings over four starts.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 31
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 6
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)