May 12, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Good news for the White Sox. According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Sale is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Charlotte.
Sale has been sidelined since April 17 due to a left flexor muscle strain. The expectation is that he’ll make another start in the minors after Thursday, which sets up a possible return to the White Sox on May 25 against the Yankees.
Sale was well on his way to another excellent season prior to the injury, posting a 2.30 ERA and 29/7 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings over four starts.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)