May 12, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Good news for the White Sox. According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Sale is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Charlotte.
Sale has been sidelined since April 17 due to a left flexor muscle strain. The expectation is that he’ll make another start in the minors after Thursday, which sets up a possible return to the White Sox on May 25 against the Yankees.
Sale was well on his way to another excellent season prior to the injury, posting a 2.30 ERA and 29/7 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings over four starts.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)