May 12, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Last week’s “Mad Men” featured Don Draper ditching work to go the Mets game and drunkenly singing “Meet the Mets.” The man who plays Don Draper, Jon Hamm, is doing the publicity circuit for his new baseball movie “Million Dollar Arm.” So, naturally, he’s being asked about that “Meet the Mets” scene.
Hamm is a hardcore Cardinals fan, though, so he’s telling it like it really is:
“Oh, I hated the Mets with a passion that kills and still do . . . My God, I hate the Dodgers, too. I loved it when we kicked their ass in ‘85. Jack Clark and Ozzie Smith both ruined Tom Niedenfuer. That was fantastic.”
I sorta love that he’s not at all diplomatic about it. I hope he’s not one of those guys who goes on about “The Cardinal Way” and such, but legit trash talking other fan bases is loads of fun. And so few well-known people actually ever do it.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)