May 12, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Last week’s “Mad Men” featured Don Draper ditching work to go the Mets game and drunkenly singing “Meet the Mets.” The man who plays Don Draper, Jon Hamm, is doing the publicity circuit for his new baseball movie “Million Dollar Arm.” So, naturally, he’s being asked about that “Meet the Mets” scene.
Hamm is a hardcore Cardinals fan, though, so he’s telling it like it really is:
“Oh, I hated the Mets with a passion that kills and still do . . . My God, I hate the Dodgers, too. I loved it when we kicked their ass in ‘85. Jack Clark and Ozzie Smith both ruined Tom Niedenfuer. That was fantastic.”
I sorta love that he’s not at all diplomatic about it. I hope he’s not one of those guys who goes on about “The Cardinal Way” and such, but legit trash talking other fan bases is loads of fun. And so few well-known people actually ever do it.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8