May 12, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Last week’s “Mad Men” featured Don Draper ditching work to go the Mets game and drunkenly singing “Meet the Mets.” The man who plays Don Draper, Jon Hamm, is doing the publicity circuit for his new baseball movie “Million Dollar Arm.” So, naturally, he’s being asked about that “Meet the Mets” scene.
Hamm is a hardcore Cardinals fan, though, so he’s telling it like it really is:
“Oh, I hated the Mets with a passion that kills and still do . . . My God, I hate the Dodgers, too. I loved it when we kicked their ass in ‘85. Jack Clark and Ozzie Smith both ruined Tom Niedenfuer. That was fantastic.”
I sorta love that he’s not at all diplomatic about it. I hope he’s not one of those guys who goes on about “The Cardinal Way” and such, but legit trash talking other fan bases is loads of fun. And so few well-known people actually ever do it.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11