May 12, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Ryan Braun is on the DL with a strained oblique. But good news:
If Ryan Braun reports tomorrow with no issues related to his oblique, he’s on track to be reinstated from the DL on Tuesday.
— Todd Rosiak (@Todd_Rosiak) May 11, 2014
Braun has been out since April 26 and has been on the disabled list since May 3. Before being shut down he hit .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games.
Also since then: there has not been a reliable heel playing major league baseball. It’s all babyfaces, which is really, really boring.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)