May 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco missed most of last season with an elbow injury as part of a disappointing two-year run as the Mets’ closer in which he saved 24 games with a 5.36 ERA while being paid $12.5 million.
He signed a minor-league deal with the White Sox in mid-April and tossed eight scoreless innings at Triple-A to get the call-up. Prior to struggling with the Mets he was a very solid late-inning reliever for the Rangers and Blue Jays, so if healthy it wouldn’t be surprising to see him fare well in a middle relief role.‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $45,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Monday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)