May 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Francisco missed most of last season with an elbow injury as part of a disappointing two-year run as the Mets’ closer in which he saved 24 games with a 5.36 ERA while being paid $12.5 million.
He signed a minor-league deal with the White Sox in mid-April and tossed eight scoreless innings at Triple-A to get the call-up. Prior to struggling with the Mets he was a very solid late-inning reliever for the Rangers and Blue Jays, so if healthy it wouldn’t be surprising to see him fare well in a middle relief role.‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $45,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Monday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)