May 13, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
As expected Ryan Braun is off the disabled list and back on Milwaukee’s active roster after missing the past two weeks with an oblique injury.
Braun is rejoining to the Brewers’ lineup without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, although even last week the former MVP seemed very confident about being healthy enough to return when eligible to come off the DL.
Braun was off to a fantastic start before the injury, hitting .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games. Milwaukee struggled to get right field production during his absence and went 6-8 without Braun.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)