May 13, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Ryan Braun is off the disabled list and back on Milwaukee’s active roster after missing the past two weeks with an oblique injury.
Braun is rejoining to the Brewers’ lineup without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, although even last week the former MVP seemed very confident about being healthy enough to return when eligible to come off the DL.
Braun was off to a fantastic start before the injury, hitting .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games. Milwaukee struggled to get right field production during his absence and went 6-8 without Braun.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)