May 13, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Ryan Braun is off the disabled list and back on Milwaukee’s active roster after missing the past two weeks with an oblique injury.
Braun is rejoining to the Brewers’ lineup without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, although even last week the former MVP seemed very confident about being healthy enough to return when eligible to come off the DL.
Braun was off to a fantastic start before the injury, hitting .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games. Milwaukee struggled to get right field production during his absence and went 6-8 without Braun.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (143)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)