May 13, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Ryan Braun is off the disabled list and back on Milwaukee’s active roster after missing the past two weeks with an oblique injury.
Braun is rejoining to the Brewers’ lineup without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, although even last week the former MVP seemed very confident about being healthy enough to return when eligible to come off the DL.
Braun was off to a fantastic start before the injury, hitting .318 with six homers and a .952 OPS in 22 games. Milwaukee struggled to get right field production during his absence and went 6-8 without Braun.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)