May 13, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Left-hander Tyler Lyons had been filling in for injured right-hander Joe Kelly in the Cardinals’ rotation, but now he’s hurt too.
Lyons allowed nine runs in yesterday’s blowout loss to the Cubs and now the Cardinals have placed him on the disabled list with a strained shoulder. No word yet on who’ll be next to step into St. Louis’ rotation, but oft-injured left-hander Jaime Garcia has been rehabbing in the minors and could be just about ready.
Lyons, who was called up from Triple-A in mid-April following Kelly’s hamstring injury, now has a 5.19 ERA in 78 career innings at age 26, although his ERA was 4.38 ERA before Monday’s implosion.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)