May 13, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran left last night’s game after hyperextending his elbow while taking swings in the batting cage between at-bats. He had an MRI. The result: he has been diagnosed with a bone spur in his right elbow.
Beltran received a cortisone shot to deal with the pain and hopes to avoid the disabled list. If it doesn’t respond to that, surgery is a possibility.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 305
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (307)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)